How did we ever live without the internet?

How did we ever live without the internet? This question was asked to me by my 8 year old child. Now, my kids have very limited access to the internet as I don't want them wasting their life in front of a screen but in my presence they can sometimes use it. Anyhow, I told my child that though the Internet makes things very convenient we got along just fine without it. This question kind of made me think back though about how I would ask my parents how they ever got along without a microwave or colored TV. I mean, think about not being able to just pop something in the microwave and being able to eat in a few minutes. My little ones also laughed at me when I told them that when we played video games we had to walk down to the corner liquor store or hit the arcade and pay a quarter everytime we played a game. They thought it was just crazy that we had to pay to play games, I guess they think that the video game system in the living room was free, lol. I was about to tell them about the pay phones that we used to commonly use but thought better of it! Didn't want them to think that we had to pay to make a phone call since we all get free cell phones now, lol. Kids are funny :)

No comments: