I was selected to go to Michael Jackson's memorial service but didn't check my e-mail on time!

I can't believe it! I actually was selected for the Michael Jackson memorial but didn't check my email!

Today, which is July 7th, 2009 Michael Jackson's memorial was televised on television. Smokey Robinson was there, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Lionel Ritchie, Brook Shields and a host of others paying their respects to the "King of Pop".

Surprisingly two of the people closest to Michael were not there in person, Dianna Ross and Elizabeth Taylor.

The saddest part of the memorial was when Michael's daughter Paris spoke of how much she loved her father. Paris broke down and if you were not touched by it then you are unhuman.

Getting back to my point of this post. Michael Jackson's memorial was from 9AM to about 12:00 noon. Later in the day at 5:00 PM I decided to get on my computer and check my E-Mail. This is the message I seen that was sent to me.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Your application to attend the Michael Jackson Public Memorial Service at STAPLES Center this Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, was successful!
Please read this notice carefully. This is your chance to receive two tickets for either the service in the STAPLES Center (subject to availability) or a live big-screen simulcast in the adjacent Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE.

Instructions To Obtain Your Two Tickets and Security Wristbands Are:

1. Click on the GET VOUCHER button below before Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
2. Select 1 in the quantity window.
3. Enter your unique password into the box as prompted.
Password: mj7kit9o
4. Click Find Tickets button
5. Continue through security screen
6. Create a new ticketmaster account or use existing account by entering information requested
7. Choose appropriate ticket fast delivery method for your country
8. Enter information as requested to Submit Order
9. You will see a confirmation screen confirming that your order is processed. THIS IS NOT YOUR TICKET.
10. WAIT: You will receive an email that will link to your voucher
11. Click on "Pick up your tickets" within the email
12. Select VIEW AND PRINT tickets
13. Print the Ticketmaster voucher. THIS IS YOUR VOUCHER. Your voucher will read "This is your ticket" and contain a barcode. You must print out this voucher and bring it with you, along with your valid I.D. to Dodger Stadium on Monday, July 6, 2009, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time to obtain your two tickets and two wristbands.

I really feel like an idiot and will always kick myself in the *** because of this. To top it all off, I only live 15 minutes from Staples Center!

No comments: