How to play NES games and Atari 2600 games on your computer


If you are from the old school video game generation from the 80's you may miss playing all of those game like Donkey Kong, Centipede, Popeye, Punch Out, Pac-Man, Phoenix, and the list goes on and on. Did you know you can have them all at your fingertips on your computer and relive these games.

Thanks to emulators it is now possible for your computer to emulate all of the classic games on your computer. This is not an eduction course on emulators but a definition of emulators is "the ability of a program or device to imitate another program or device." So, your computer will imitate a old NES or Atari 2600 game console.

OK, so you want these games on your computer. So, what do you have to do. You have two different options here.

Your first option would be to download an emulator for the NES game system or Atari 2600 game system online. You just have to Google video game emulators and you'll find some sources. You will also find emulators for other game systems. You then have to download the roms for each game that you want.

The second option you have is my preferred option and is what I did. I purchased a CD with all of the NES games and Atari 2600 games. You just put the CD into your computer and all the games are right there for you to play.

I even had the games installed to my hard drive just in case my CD ever got ruined. When I play my games now I don't even have to put my CD in, I just keep it in a safe place.

Why is option two better? Personally, I didn't have the time to download all of the stuff but honestly the main reason was the risk of picking up viruses when downloading. I love these games and wanted them but not if it can risk ruining my computer.

Purchasing the CD was a nice, safe and pleasant way for me to go.

You can even get yourself a remote control to use. When you first get the CD you use the arrows on your keyboard and a few other keys to play the games which is cool but I wanted a remote control and think most people would. I got mine at Target for about twenty bucks.

Warning: These games may frustrate you when you can't pass them jut like when you were a kid.

Here is the source if you would like to purchase a Atari / NES CD.

videogameemulatorcd.blogspot.com

No comments: