I can live without cable television

Recently, I rented a room at the Comfort Inn hotel. Now, I'm not a person who usually has reasons to rent a hotel but the hotel was pretty cool. It had free internet access and cable television.

I know cable television is a must have with most people but for me it is just not. Don't get me wrong here, when I turned on the T.V. it was pretty cool seeing some old retro television shows that I haven't seen for a long time like The Jefferson's, Good times, and a few good movies like Jessica Alba's 'Into the Blue.'

Most of the time when I was there though it seemed like I spent more time searching the channels looking for something to watch than I actually spent watching. There were just so many channels, hundreds and hundreds of them. Now, I'm used of channel 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13 - that's it! OK, yeah, we have all those higher channels of regular TV but half of those are in Spanish and the other ones are hardly television.

My point here is that I can live without cable television and probably prefer life without so many channels. Someone I know recently told me that the more channels you have, the less there is to watch. She was right! Really, who in the hell needs 500 or 600 channels!

2 comments:

Mik said...

That's why we only have rabbit ear antenna and a converter box, because we'd surf trying to find a cable channel to watch and never end up watching anything all the way through.

We spend most of the time on our computers anyway.

mrhobbie said...

Mik, glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.